Automate, automate, automate. Spend less time on manual processing
One key benefit of using EDI with your 3PLs is automation. You can:
- avoid emailing or calling logistics partners to organise deliveries
- avoid manually inputting delivery and logistics information into an email or other software
- keep customers updated with shipping updates or ASNs.
By automating processes, you reduce the need for extra staff during busy periods. You also reduce costs from manual input errors and don’t need to worry about printing costs.
Improve your customer service
Integrating EDI requires fewer steps with your logistics partners and 3PLs. This speeds up your requests for deliveries and gets goods to customers faster. EDI integration also reduces the risk of errors leading to delays in shipment. And it keeps your customers up to date with their deliveries.
How to get started
Get your communications ready and get connected to your 3PL partners. They have two options to get onboarded, they can either:
- connect directly with their software to automate the sending and receiving of EDI messages. This can be done through an EDI provider like MessageXchange. They will work with your 3PL and logistics partners to tailor a solution for their requirements. If your partners are already using EDI, they can work with your EDI provider to onboard.
- send and receive EDI messages using a web portal like Colladium. With our new 3PL functionality, your logistics partners can seamlessly connect to you from anywhere using the internet. If you’re a supplier to Coles or Woolworths, receive an order and when you respond to it, you can assign each item to a 3PL (or even split an item between multiple 3PLs). The 3PL will complete the advanced shipping notice, which’ll go back to the retailer and you’ll have a copy too, then you can continue to issue the invoice. Learn more here.
Interested in learning more about getting your 3PLs sending and receiving EDI messages? Get in touch with our team.