What are SSCC labels with despatch advices?
Information is sent in all areas of the supply chain in the form of purchase orders, purchase order responses, despatch advices, invoices and other messages. Despatch advices are provided by the supplier to let their customer know:
- What is in the order
- Delivery date and time
- Where the shipment is going
- Product details
- Type of packaging
- Carrier information
Suppliers send the despatch advice to the retailer once the shipment has been packed, allowing the retailer to plan in advance for receiving the goods.
The SSCC provides the customer with an extra level of detail. They provide information about what is in each carton or pallet being shipped. A barcode can be generated and attached to the goods, allowing shipments to be scanned as they move around. This helps customers receive the goods and automate multi-way matching against the despatch advice and purchase order (and later the invoice).
Why should I consider SSCC labels with despatch advices?
Businesses can see huge benefits by implementing SSCC labels and despatch advices. It allows them to know what is coming their way so they can begin to prepare for receiving the shipment. It vastly simplifies the receiving process by:
- Gaining early awareness of what will be arriving, to plan labour and resources in advance
- Facilitating automation and reduce manual input and error
- Reducing receiving costs by 40% (Source: Supply Chain Digest)
- Providing visibility of inbound shipments
- Enabling faster and more accurate goods receipt
- Improving inventory management.
Want to implement SSCC labels with despatch advices with your suppliers? Talk to our experts to see how you can do this quickly and easily with Colladium.